WESTWOOD FLOWER AND VEGETABLE SHOW RULES
1. Entry Fee: Adults 20p per entry and children 10p per entry.
2. Exhibitors are required to be residents or ex residents of Westwood, Avoncliff, Iford and Freshford or members of the Westwood WI or Freshford Horticultural Society. Also open to all children who live in Westwood, or who attend Westwood School or Nursery, or who are the grandchildren of residents.
3. All entries must be made on the official entry form and returned to Jeannie Johnston at 62 The Pastures, BA15 2BH by 5pm on Wednesday 21st August 2019. Late entries may be accepted at the Committee’s discretion. Changes of entries or new entries will not be accepted on the day of the show. One entry only per class please.
4. The Marquee and Barn will be open from 8.30 on show day. Exhibits must be staged by 10.30am to allow for judging.
5. All dishes, vases etc to be provided by the exhibitor.
6. Exhibits shall be the bone fide property of, and have been grown or made, by the exhibitor. Craft items must not be more than 2 years old and not previously entered for competition in the Westwood Show.
7. The Committee shall not be held responsible for damage or loss of any exhibits.
8. No exhibit to be removed before prize giving at 4.30pm and all produce remaining at the end of the show will be sold.
9. In the event of a draw, the highest number of “firsts” will be taken into consideration.
10. Wine entries are restricted to one bottle per class.
11. The decision of the judge is final.
Article published: 06 Jun 2019
This is an event set up over 20yrs ago to raise money for the church, but
for the last couple of years numbers have fallen, and I only just got enough
together to make it work last year. So, in order to keep it going, to encourage
new people to join and swell our fading numbers, I have talked to Friends of
Westwood School, who will spread the word amongst the parents. In appreciation,
I suggested that the school could benefit from some of the funds raised. Please
indicate on the form if you wish your contribution to go solely to the church
or some to the school too. See www.westwoodparish.co.uk under ‘Events’ for more info about how it
On Saturday 15th June this year, we kick off with
starters at 7pm. It is open to
residents of Westwood, Avoncliff, Iford and Staples Hill. If you would
like to join in this fun event, please return completed form to Jane Mitchell (867322) at 32 Bobbin
Lane WITH PAYMENT by 31st
MAY . I will make every
effort to give hosts their 1st preference of courses, but not
everyone can do starters!! Please be
prepared to be flexible.
Article published: 24 Mar 2019
Would you like
to come as a GUEST?
(If yes, please enclose £25 per person)
Would you like
to host a course? (If yes,
please enclose £10 per couple)
Please put your order of preference of
course you would like to cook (1st ,2nd and 3rd)
Starter Main Dessert
other special requirements
Which would you
like to support? CHURCH
ONLY or SCHOOL AND CHURCH please circle
Westwood Scarecrow Trail: Saturday 25 May - Sunday 2 June 2019
This year’s theme is … ‘Numbers’!
Think of a film, book, character, song etc. which includes numbers or numerical references – perhaps you could make a 007 scarecrow, or the 3 Little Pigs or Count Dracula?
Come up with your own idea, or we can make some suggestions to help you decide.
Please contact us if you can:
* Make a scarecrow
* Host a scarecrow in your front garden if you are on the route
* Join our friendly group and help with the organisation
* Bake cakes
* Help during the week by selling maps and / or serving refreshments.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved
(Deadline for scarecrow entries is 31 March 2019).
Save the date: Scarecrow BBQ in Westwood Park on Sat 25 May more info to follow soon.
Article published: 30 Jan 2019
The trail is a really fun village event which raises much needed funds for Westwood with Iford School and Westwood Nursery School – thank you in advance for helping us to make it a success – The Scarecrow Trail Group
<< Previous 1 2 Next >>